While UPshow is not responsible for the strength of a venue’s internet bandwidth, the following recommendations are designed to provide Customer guidelines based on best practices:
- Hardwired vs Wi-fi : It is best practice to run UPshow media players through hardwired ethernet cable when available.
- Minimum Requirements:
- 15 Mbps Internet Connection
- In general, the UPshow feed requires less than 10 Mbps of bandwidth, however, additional bandwidth for streaming performance is needed
- 30 Mbps Internet Connection
- 100 Mbps Internet Connection
How will I know if my venue’s internet connection is sufficient?
The UPshow Manager will provide bandwidth testing functionality that will test the specific bandwidth that the UPshow hardware receives at that moment. It will indicate if the venue’s bandwidth is sufficient for live streaming events at that moment.
Here’s a quick video that shows you how to conduct a speed test in the UPshow Manager.