What is Smart Playlisting?
Smart Playlisting is an easy way for you to let UPshow automatically display the optimal mix of content types, based on the key objective of your screen.
Examples of active UPshow Smart Playlists are:
- Balanced Mix: Showcases all categories evenly, does not prioritize any.
- Promotion Heavy: Focuses on maximizing ROI with a higher load of QR Campaigns and Spotlights being prioritized.
- Entertainment Heavy: Video channels will drive the majority of screen time, with a lighter load of promotions.
Please note: Content must be enabled to display. If there is no content available for display, the UPshow “Loading State” will be displayed on the screen.
Default Smart Playlists
Smart Mode is active by default. In the Playlists menu, you will be directed to the Smart section. There is a panel which displays a list of available smart playlists. When there is no available content for one or more categories, the "Available Content" section will display empty for that category. A header above the two panels will inform when a non-smart playlist or a smart playlist is set through Advanced Scheduling. If a Live Event is currently "live", its image preview will be displayed.
Creating Your Own Smart Playlist
You can create custom smart playlists by selecting the + Create Your Own button. This action will enter Create Mode, enabling the ability to adjust category sliders between 0 to 100%. You must give a smart playlist a title, and all sliders must not be set to 0. Additionally, when only one slider is active, it will occupy 100% of the content.
Edit and Delete Mode
The Edit Mode will be enabled once you click on the Pencil button, this will allow you to edit your previously created playlist. In this mode, you can modify the sliders, as well as set this to be your primary playlist.
- You will not be able to edit and delete smart playlists created by your Parent Organization, similar to UPshow playlists.
- When making changes to a smart playlist in Edit Mode, you will be warned before saving, so you are made aware of changes that will affect the screen. Before deleting a playlist, a pop-up will be displayed to confirm this action.
Other Things to Note
- Smart Playlists does not support Watch To Win and Trivia at the moment.
- Pluto TV content is set to last 3 minutes (shorter than the rest of the playlists).
- Smart Playlists does not take into account Fixed Panel.
Learn more by watching this video tutorial: