To access your Instagram content on UPshow, your business account must be connected to a Facebook Business Page. You don't need to publish to Facebook when you use Instagram, but the permissions to manage your Instagram profile are granted to UPshow through Facebook. This is a requirement from Facebook (which owns Instagram).
Before you begin, you'll need to Confirm that your Instagram profile is a business profile. If you’re not sure what type of Instagram profile you have, here’s how to find out:
Via the mobile app:
- Go to your profile, and then select the profile menu in the top right of the screen.
- Select Settings from the list, and then select Account.
- On the Account page, scroll to the bottom. The options will tell you what type of Instagram profile you currently have.
- Personal profiles show the Switch to Professional Account option.
- Creator profiles show the Switch Account Type > Switch to Personal Account and Switch to Business Account options.
- Business profiles show the Switch Account Type > Switch to Personal Account and Switch to Creator Account options.
If you don’t have an Instagram business profile, view our Convert an Instagram personal account to a business account article.
Connect your Instagram account to a Facebook Page:
- In a new desktop browser tab, sign in to your Facebook account.
- Select Pages on the left, and then select the Page.
- Select Settings at the bottom of the Manage Page menu on the left.
- Select Instagram from the Page Settings menu.
- Select Connect Account.
- Enter your Instagram account credentials (username and password) and then select Log In.
- Connect your Instagram business account to UPshow.
Important: If your are not the owner or creator of the Facebook page you are trying to connect to you'll need to take additional steps to get the right Facebook permissions to connect your Instagram account. See our Managing your Facebook page roles article for details.